Tuesday 29 May 2007

Jogging

I went jogging yesterday with my boyfriend. We'd talked about going for a couple of weeks and never got round to it. I was nervous about going because I haven't exercised much for months and my boyfriend has a manual job so he is pretty fit. Anyway, we went and I really enjoyed it. I jogged until I was out of breath, walked until I got my breath back and then jogged again. My boyfriend walked when I walked (I think he was glad of the rest too - ha ha). I enjoyed it more than I have ever enjoyed jogging before. In the past, I would push myself to run for a set period of time and completely exhaust myself - resulting in me aching like crazy for days and not wanting to go again. This way is so much more fun.

We hoping to go again on wednesday evening (as long as my boyfriend doesn't get home too late from work). I'm aching a little bit today, but not too bad. I'm definately looking forward to going again.


Food wise, I'm still not practicing intuative eating completely, but I can recognise that I am making progress. My binges have dramatically decreased and I'm not thinking about food every 5 minutes (it's every 10 minutes instead now). I'm feeling positive about myself too, learning to love myself as I am now and noticing that I am making changes which is great. Plus, I haven't dieted for months which is probably the longest ever since I was 12.



Today I appreciate myself for being optimistic



Tomorrow I will go jogging again

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's the best way to jog. In fact, studies show (!) that doing intervals is better for your heart because it is more challenging. I love doing intervals of running/jogging with walking because the impact is not as rough and the time flies by. If I just run steadily, I get tired, achy, and bored.

WTG!

Anonymous said...

I'm still not practicing intuitive eating completely either - do we ever? I don't think so. Part of the whole process I think is understanding that being a 'normal eater' means we don't have to get it perfect all the time, if ever. There are no rules, those are for diets, and you don't want to swap one pressure for another!