Friday 8 June 2007

3 km

Things got sorted with my boyfriend. He chose not to dwell on what happened on the promise that if I had any further communication with my ex, I would tell him about it. I spoke to my ex and explained so I doubt we will have contact anymore anyway. I suppose it's probably a good thing that this happened because it's made me think about how lying is just stupid. I know that my boyfriend is probably still hurting but he's hiding it very well.

Yesterday my lovely boyfriend went shopping and came home with a pair of running trainers and a pink running top for me. The trainers are Nike running and they're white, pink and silver and I absolutely love them. I was jogging in tennis trainers before and my calves were absolutely killing but yesterday I wore them when we went out for a jog and they were so much better.

I logged the route on www.26point2.co.uk (thankyou Alice for telling me about the fabulous site) and worked out that I had jogged 3km. I was knackered but I have definately built up because last time I only did 2km and stopped to walk about 6 times, this time I did 3 km and stopped to walk only twice (and literally only for a minute each time).

Also I went bellydancing last night, it was a lot of fun again - the class is a workout enough to get you warm doing it but not knackered - I think it's very sexy. The woman who teaches it makes you feel very confident about being a women (whatever your size).

I'm also really excited. We've bought some solid oak flooring for the living room, dining room and hall of our house. It's absolutely beautiful and we're going to start to put it down this weekend. When we moved into the house, we ripped the carpets up straight away (they were disgusting) so since then (10 weeks ago), we've been living on concrete floor downstairs. It's cold and looks horrible so I can't wait for the gorgous new floor to be put down.

I have ANOTHER 3000 word essay due in for University next thursday. I'm studying Social Work part-time but it's hard work when you also work full time too and are decorating a house and have a life!! Ok I know MOAN MOAN MOAN. To be honest, I hate writing essays - I love lectures and training etc but essays are just a pain in the butt. I am always last minute too - I haven't even started yet but have taken wednesday off work to do it.

This morning I woke up and the first thing I thought is 'I love my life' - it was such a great buzz to wake up in such a great mood. I think exercising more is definately helping my emotions.

Food wise, I am still overeating (and overeating a lot of junk!!). There's a lot of the Intuative Eating Principles that I am not following, i.e. stocking up, eating without distraction, stopping when I'm satisfied, eating when I'm hungry (I'm also eating when I'm not hungry!!) However, what I definately have found is that I'm not overeating as much as I used to. For example, I am not having full on binges and also I am not as obsessed with food. But I have noticed that I'm thinking about dieting a lot, I think its because the summer weather means skimpy clothes and right now I'm about a size 18 and 14 stone (196lbs) and don't feel nice bearing flesh. Also I find that I get hot and flustered and uncomfortable in the heat (definately more so as I've put weight on). But I'm not going to dwell on that because I'm having a great day today and I'm beautiful whatever size I am.

Today I appreciate myself for enjoying life and realising how great mine is

Tomorrow I will incorporate the Intuative Eating principles more into my day

2 comments:

LMM said...

I hear you on the "thinking of dieting alot"; yes I also contribute it to the skimpier clothes of summer. I love summer more but I have to say I appreciate that I am able to hide my arms throughout the winter.

Anonymous said...

3km is brilliant - congratulations :)