Monday 12 February 2007

New Jeans

I went shopping yesterday to buy some new jeans. All my others are too tight and uncomfortable, so I decided to be kind to myself and buy a pair that actually fit well. Anyway, I put them on this morning and they are so soft and comfortable, my boyfriend even commented how good I looked in the jeans (I hadn't even told him that I'd bought a new pair!) It just shows that wearing clothes that fit well, makes you look better as well as feels so much nicer. Arrrr to sit down without a tight waistband digging into my flesh - bliss!!

For the last two weeks, I have been working on loving myself and accepting myself for who I am (and what I weigh ;o) right now. Before this, I had become very down on myself and to be honest, stopped looking after myself physically - ie, not much make-up, hair scraped back, black clothes etc, etc.. So for the last fortnight, I have made an effort to look my best, using tinted body moisturiser, doing my make-up, hair styled, nails done and clothes that are fashionable and colourful. Well it's working, I feel good about myself and the way I look - I definitely feel that it's better to make the most of your appearance - it gives you confidence and a sense of feeling 'worth the time and effort'. My shower broke about a month ago and whilst I am waiting to have it fixed, I have been having baths - wow I forgot how fabulous baths are - well not the early morning rushed ones but the baths where I get to lie back and relax with a book. Absolute bliss!! Also smothering myself with gorgeous body cream when I get out - little daily indulgences - I love them!!

I'm find it hard sometimes to work out when I'm satisfied but I'm trying to leave a bit on my plate every time that I eat to break the cycle of always finishing my portion. I think I'm coping ok with legalising chocolate and crisps - but I'm struggling with legalising pork pies - it's crazy because I love chocolate - but pork pies - no big deal!! However, I bought them when shopping and now everytime I contemplate eating one, I think about the high fat content! It's madness because, honestly pork pies aren't the be all and end all to me - however, I did sometimes used to eat them when I was on a binge - so maybe that's why they are dragging up feelings for me. Well, I'll continue to buy them and try to remember - no food is good or bad.

1 comment:

Stephbospoon said...

As for the pork pies, I had a similar problem with chocolate a while back. I went to the supermarket and bought loads, with an eye to 'legalising' it, but instead saw myself munching through a massive bar every night and feeling thoroughly miserable.
The anxiety and distress that that chocolate in the fridge caused me far outweighed the pleasure I got from eating it.
So instead I took Lisa Jane's advice and legalised chocolate but didn't bulk buy. I now know that if I really want some choc I will buy myself some and allow myself to eat as much as satisfies me, but it isn't sat in my fridge reminding me to binge.
Maybe this might help you? then once you've got used to this stage, perhaps you could buy in pork pies again?
Love B xx
P.S Get you in your sexy jeans!