Saturday 21 April 2007

Ireland

I am in Ireland this weekend, staying with family. Staying at this house reminds me of food and eating - I suppose I have the strong link with this because I spend Christmas here (and Christmas to me means FOOD and lots of it!!) I have broken so many diets at this house, this usually happens on Christmas Eve and I don't stop eating until the 2nd or 3rd of January. One year I was at Slimming World and when I came back, I had put 9lbs on in a week!!

I weighed myself this morning - the scales were in the bathroom and I was too tempted not to. I haven't weighed myself for months and the last time I did, I weighed 12 stone 7lbs. Anyway the scales this morning said just under 14 stone. I can't say I am heartbroken because I would have guessed that I'd put that much weight on, but then I got to thinking - when I met my boyfriend, I was 11 stone (this was only 18 months ago) - I have put 3 stone on since meeting him - that's a stone every 6 months!! How utterly depressing!! In reality, does he still fancy me?? I honestly doubt he looks at me in the same way - I know he loves me and all that but I would probably be dissapointed if he lost his big muscles (I just love them!!)


Anyway, there is no use crying over spilt milk and to be honest, it's more important for me to lose my obsession with food that it is for me to lose weight (losing weight comes a very close second though - haha) I have been re-reading 'Beyond Chocolate' and it is helping me to focus again on eating intuitively. I still overate at lunch today but I'm not stuffed and I don't feel like eating now, which is great. I know that this approach is going to work for me and to be honest I CAN'T WAIT until it is second nature. I wish it was easier, but then life without challenge is no life at all!!


Today I appreciate myself for stepping on the scales without this leading to a binge


Tomorrow I will move (still not actually got round to this!!)

3 comments:

Stephbospoon said...

Well done for not letting the umbers on your scale force you to binge. That is a HUUUGE step- I'm so proud of you!
As for the boyfriend not fancying you bit- I reckon that is the demon voice in your head telling you that- not your actual boyfriend. Men love women's bodies for being soft and curvy and unless you suddenly gained 10 stone overnight, my guess is he hasn't noticed that much, and certainly not in an un fancying way. Enjoy your Irish break XX

Liquorice Torpedoes said...

Here here. It's taken me ages to be able to step on the scales without judging my life by the results.

Anonymous said...

Oh hey that is apparently the first step..the light bulb moment - saying that weight loss is not the most important thing and you want to lose your obsession with food. I read in a book years ago that this is the secret to succeeding in natural weight loss