Tuesday 3 April 2007

Moved House

Hi everyone. So we eventually moved house - yey!! Friday was so hard, we hired a van and moved ourselves (just the 2 of us). When we arrived at the new house, we walked in and the smell hit us - it STUNK!! So we pulled up all the carpets (most of the smell was coming from them we think and they were stained and horrible!!) We then unloaded the van and then loaded it back up with all the old carpets. We started working at 8.3o and finished at 10pm (without a break) - I was knackered and STARVING!! Anyway we got a kebab each and I can honestly say it was delicious - we washed it down with champagne - kebab and champagne - how absolutely fabulous!!

I am still aching now from the move, I have muscles I didn't know I had and my joints are sore and aching!! The house needs A LOT of work. Every room is in need of modernising - it's going to be a long time before it's finished but when it is - it will be beautiful!! I'm excited at getting things started though - we're starting with the kitchen (one room at a time).

Food wise, we haven't got a fridge right now (stupidly we left the last one at the old house - thinking we'd get a new one straight away - but it looks like it's going to be next weekend before we get one - in the meantime, we're living off take-away or crappy cupboard food!! I think we're going to get one of those big double American Style fridges with the ice dispensers on them, I love them but my boyfriend isn't decided yet (he thinks it may be a little too big) - At least we'll have cold milk though!! I'm dying to have some breakfast cereal!!

Anyway gotta go, still not unpacked most of the stuff and need to finsish giving everywhere a good clean still.

Today I appreciate myself for moving by working around the house

Tomorrow I will concentrate on accepting myself more

4 comments:

Alice said...

Congratulations!!!!
It sounds wonderful, and definitely get one of those fridges!

I can't wait to see pictures!!

A
xx

Kate said...

Yay for moving - sounds so exciting to be in a new house with all that potential, now you can put your mark on it.

My Mum has one of those fridges, and before you get one - check out the freezer space, her's is so tiny once you take into consideration the ice maker part - something to keep in mind.

hello : ) said...

yeah!!!!!!!! josie got her house!!! that is great it is so much fun doing up a house they way you want it enjoy
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Oh how exciting, pity about the smell but it will be so much fun doing up your home