Monday 23 April 2007

Mmmmm Chocolate

I've just had a Brandy Truffle, I sucked it very slowly and it was absolutely bloody gorgeous!! I'm waiting for a box of 'Hotel Chocolat' truffles to arrive (I've joined the chocolate tasting club - mmm mmm delicious!!). Anyway, I just couldn't wait, so popped to Thornton's to buy a box of Continental to keep me going in the meantime. I love eating just one chocolate and feeling satisfied!! There's times when I can eat 20 bars of chocolate and still not be satisfied (obviously I'm eating for emotional reasons at those times) but today I just ate one single truffle and that was enough!! This feels like freedom, I hope I get more instances like this - that it will get easier and easier and eventually food won't rule my life!! It's hard to imagine a life not thinking about food or my weight, what would I think about? I'm sure there are plenty, much more interesting subjects I could concentrate on - ooh it's exciting!!

I'm a bit worried about getting to the Beyond Chocolate Tea Party. My train doesn't arrive in Euston until 1.30pm and then I have to get to London Bridge - so won't arrive until 2pm :o( The earlier train would mean leaving at 6.30am and arriving far too early so that's no good. I have contemplated driving but it's a really long way to go there and back in one day. I'm thinking about getting there for 2pm - it just seems a lot of travelling (8 hours) to only spend 3.5 hours there!! Not sure what I'm going to do - sometimes I wish I lived closer to London, it seems that everything goes on down there!! Lol

I tidied and cleaned all the downstairs of my house yesterday, it was very dusty and dirty because we'd knocked an inner wall down but now it's lovely- I've got to admit, I get a really satisfied feeling when the house is sparkling clean.


Today I appreciate myself for eating one chocolate and feeling utterly satisfied

Tomorrow I will be positive about the way I look

3 comments:

Alice said...

Did you think of flying? I checked this site http://www.cheaptickets.com/
and it was only $150 BA which at the mo is about £75. You could come down Sunday morning, kip at mine Sunday evening and go home Monday?

A
xx

Grace said...

It is hard to imagine a life without constantly thinking about food and weight. Just keep working on it and we'll get there someday!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow there is no such thing as a chocolate tasting club here, it's sounds wonderful.