Friday 13 April 2007

Models and Singers

Been sat watching MTV today - not a good idea if you're feeling low about the way you look!! The women on the videos are all so slim and beautiful - I know, I know - a lot of it is make-up and great lighting etc - but still, I feel absolutely frumpy ;o( I wish they showed more beautiful big women to show a more truthful representation of society!

I haven't been following the Beyond Chocolate principles for a couple of weeks, it's as if I can't be bothered to motivate myself to make the effort!! On the plus side, I haven't binged as often as I would have thought but I am definately overeating. Any tips on motivating myself to get started again??

Today I appreciate myself for knocking tiles off the wall (instead of laying around ALL day watching daytime TV

Tomorrow I will make the effort to only eat when I'm hungry

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you don't know me.

Anonymous said...

and i don't know you...but you're not in this fight against weight on your own. i live in the US and just came across your blog. I read some of your entries and it seems we have the same struggles. I have also struggled with my weight my whole life. I am in a program now where i have gone from a size 22 to an 18 so far. (28 pounds) you seem like you have the right attitude to love yourself most of all. don't quit...keep smiling
audra

Alice said...

Oh babe I do that ALL the time. I read tons of celebrity gossip blogs and watch MTV and it's all thinthinthinthinthin. I run and look in the mirror and think 'oh shit, i'm NEVER going to look that hot'.

Did you think that despite not actively doing BC you might be doing it anyway? When you say fewer binges that strikes me as a huge improvement.

Motivation for focus... Hmmm...
I suggest you could:
Have a go with another forbidden food. That way you'll be focussing on your physical hunger and your cravings.

Or...
Just make a decision to focus on one meal. Put it on a plate, sit down, no distractions, and see how it feels. Youmight find yourself wanting to do it more.

Another thought- I find the attention I need to pay to IE waxes and wanes. I'll be normal eating without noticing for a few days and then I'll find I've overeaten or had something tht didn't satisfy me and it'll bring my focus back naturally.

A
xx

Chocolate Fairy said...

how about sticking to noticing that you aren't motivated at the moment - and describing what that's like (how do you feel when y ou're not following the BC principles as opposed to when you are following them?). Also, alicetini's suggestion excellent: look back over the principles and choose 1 you can do once - the one that will be easiest to do. Do it, then find a way of appreciating yourself (we're so good at putting ourselves down by comparing ourselves to slinky dancers on MTV, but not great at appreciating the good bits!). If it goes well, when could you do it again? Read Chapter 16 of the book for ideas? Post on the forum and ask the other for ideas?
Hope this helps...
Choc Fairy :-)

Anonymous said...

I am with Alice, your not binging as often is a great thing and a sign that BC is becoming a way of life for you...not something you have to work as hard at anymore

hope your feeling better