Thursday 15 March 2007

Clothes Clothes Clothes

Decided today to sort out my wardrobe. I ended up either packing away or giving to charity 95% of my clothes!! I am left with a very small selection of black numbers - really it's very depressing!! I also packed and threw away a number of pairs of knickers (really there is nothing worse for me than knickers that are too tight - even if the other clothes that you are wearing fit perfectly, small knickers can ruin your whole feel to the outfit).

I decided to go shopping and buy some new knickers and a few bright colourful tops that fit well!! I bought the knickers and then went to try on some tops - I picked up size 16 (I recently have gone up to a size 16) and went to try them on but none of them fit properly and I left feeling depressed!! In hind sight, I should have tried the 18's but I was feeling self defeated and fat so left feeling even more miserable!! Tomorrow, I am attempting again and this time I will definately find some clothes that fit well (I'll cut out the tags afterwards so that I won't keep thinking about it).

Food wise, I have definately overeaten today but not full on binged, I feel that this is a start for me and hey - I'm trying to concentrate on one thing at a time - today was my clothing.

Following Ki's and Leesa's lead, I am going to mention what I appreciate myself for today: -

I appreciate myself for having the courage to sort out my clothes

Tomorrow : - I will buy some clothes that are colourful and fit me well xx

2 comments:

Alice said...

I know how you feel about clothes sizes, it can be so depressing!

A fortnight ago I tried on 10 pairs of trousers, all a size 16, all from the same shop. A couple I couldn't get past my thighs, only 2 would do up, and I really had to suck it in for one of them. It's so ludicrous!

Now I don't really look at labels so much as the actual width of the thing, as that seems to be a better indicator, even with my bad eyesight!

Maybe try and go to somewhere that lets you try on at least 8 items, then you can take 2 or 3 sizes in a few things. If in doubt, buy shoes or accessories or undies.

Good luck babe, I'm sure you'll find some beautiful things.

Loves
xx

Anonymous said...

yep I cleaned out the knicker draw too!

I love that your going to go back and get a size that fits - who cares what the tag "used to say" it won't be there to remind you once you cut it out. Just buy one top if you want, as long as it fits nice and you feel good in it it doesn't matter.

I love the positive point idea

ps: I was left with black clothes when I cleaned the cupboard up too. I bought one top to cheer me up and it's pink and I feel great in it. One day I know it will be too big but for now it is perfect.