Tuesday 13 March 2007

Workshop

Well the weekend was wonderful - there was a group of 6 participants and 3 facilitators (9 altogether). Sophie took most of the workshop but Audrey and another lady also participated in delivery. We talked about our stories and went through each of the BC principles one by one, throughout were various exercises giving us chance to think about how things effect us individually etc.. One exercise that we did a few times was 'Tuning In' - when the book and e-course had asked me to tune in, to be honest the thought of it didn't appeal to me at all, I couldn't be bothered stopping to ask myself 'what's going on for me right now?'. However, at the workshop, we went round on by one and first described something physical, i.e. - I can feel my arm pressing on the chair or I can feel a burning sensation in my stomach. We then went round again and each of us said how we felt emotionally, i.e I am feeling anxious or I am feeling excited. Finally we went round and each said a thought we had, i.e, I am thinking what a nice dress that is or I am wondering if my sister got home ok last night etc etc. Tuning in this way was a lot more fun for me and I could see how effective it is at realising how you are feeling throughout the day. Since the workshop, I am finding it much easier to do it!!
The food at the workshop was OUT OF THIS WORLD - honestly it was so delicious. Apparently, there was a place nearby to the office the provides the food and it really was so so tasty!! All in all the weekend was brilliant, the support makes such a difference. I saw on the forum that people are keen to set up support groups and I think this is a great idea. I live in the Manchester Area and there are quite a few of us round here I think, so a support group would be perfect for me.
I'm still excited about the weekend, but I had terrible news this morning!! We are supposed to be moving house on friday but the people selling to us have now said that they can't do friday as they haven't sorted out anywhere to go!! I'm w0rried that I will lose my buyer now as they aren't prepared to give a date in which they can go (they're supposed to be moving into rented until their new house is ready!!) I've had a mini binge today, but I allowed myself to do it, In fact it was a decision I made - I knew I was feeling crappy about the house, so I allowed myself to overeat (chocolate and toffee). I feel ok about it and I didn't eat half as much as I would have in the past so I'm happy with myself.

2 comments:

hello : ) said...

moving house is really stressful and i am so proud of you for allowing yourself to binge and noticing what was happening, it is really weird but they do take on a bit of a different form we are so used to fighting against and resisting our binges which in turn tends to make them 10 times worse
ki xxxx

Anonymous said...

apparently the workshops might be coming to Australia, I am so hopeful that they are.

Sorry about the house thing - very stressful. I hope it works out okay