Friday 16 March 2007

New Clothes

Had a rest day from work and went shopping today to buy some new clothes: - 2 tunic dresses, 2 pretty shirts, a sleeveless top and a smock top. Some were bigger sizes than I wanted to buy but I got home and cut the labels out. On the bright side, they all fit perfectly and now I have a nice selection of clothes that I can wear. My boyfriend did point out that 3 of them are mostly black (i.e. they are patterned with black and other colours) but at least they are not fully black and contain some bright colours.

The house move is still delayed - it was supposed to be sorted either yesterday or today but still no avail. I'm sick of it to be honest!!

I'm going out with my friend tomorrow night, I am really looking forward to it as I haven't been out since before christmas (mainly due to the fact that I have put so much weight on and didn't want to). Anyway I'm going to bite the bullet and wear one of my new dresses that I look nice in! My friend who I am going out with has lost a lot of weight recently and I've got to say she looks great (she looked great anyway but now she is glowing with confidence) - I have to admit that I am feeling jealous, especially since I've put so much weight on - I just don't feel as attractive anymore. On the plus side though, I haven't felt as out of control or tearful as I've been in the past. Although I still binge, it is not to the same extent and I don't beat myself up about it as much - I used to cry and cry and cry (and that was when I was a size 12).

Today I appreciate myself for buying new clothes in a bigger size

Tomorrow I will sit down and eat my food on a plate without distractions

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoo hoo - that is brilliant news about the new wardrobe, and your right, the clothes are not totally black so it's another step forward. congratulations.

I hope you have a wonderful night out and I am sure that you too will soon have that confidence your friend has.

thanks for your support re: my giving up paul :)

Alice said...

Well done honey, what you're saying is such a step forward
xx

hello : ) said...

hi babe well done on the shopping :) something i noticed when i was out tonight loads of people regardless of size or shape wear black if it makes you feel good then sod it add colour as you want to
xxxx